BNY Mellon Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

BNY Mellon Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at BNY Mellon

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was in-line with competitors. Nothing unique about it. Simply discussed your background/experience along with what the job was and expectations. The entire process from initial screening by HR to final interview which led to an offer was approximately 10 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions related directly to my experience background. My background is in structured lending both for corporate and wealth management. Very straight forward. The people I met were very pleasant.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for BNY Mellon

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Very fast and efficient. 2 in-person interviews meeting with 2 different people each time.
    Mainly a personality test getting to know what kind of person you are and if you would be a good fit to the team and culture. Received offer letter and went onsite for drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at BNYM? Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The Interview Process was great: initial email from HR, followed by phone screen and then phone discussion with hiring manager. Final round was in-person interviews. The entire process was very enjoyable and HR was very responsive, both to emails and phone inquiries.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background; how would you see that background applying to this position?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

first phone call with two interviewers, asking some general knowledge questions. Some questions asking your current job responsibilities. then go to onsite interview by a team lead, a senior member and a senior manager.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screening call with Recruiter, followed by phone interview with a person in the group and then the hiring manager. After those 3 phone interviews, was invited to interview in person with a few senior leaders in the group. Everyone was extremely welcoming and the offices were very nice. I was able to get a good pulse on the group, the role and the responsibilities. I did feel like while on site, the recruiter tried to "sell" me a bit on the company.

Received positive feedback from recruiter a few days after the onsite. They contacted my references about a week and a half later. All of my references said the conversations went well. I asked for an update a few days after, and the response, though prompt, was lukewarm compared to prior communications, signaling to me that I likely was not going to get an offer.

Extremely disappointed as I felt a bit led on, feeling like I was the top candidate. If I had to take a guess I would say the hiring manager was not serious about filling the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions related to past experience, why BNY Mellon and standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon in April 2016.

Interview

There will be 5 interviews minimum from group and from other group, reviews directly goes to HR. All positions need to be approved by CIO level hence it may take 3-5 weeks time.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Three rounds of in person interviews with a fairly large number of stakeholders. Given the seniority of the position, most questions were directed at past experience and reasons for separation with prior employers.

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BNY Mellon.

Interview

Face to Face interview process with 4 individual managers from various servicing groups within this group. All brought a different set of perspectives to this process and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Experience within the field
      Knowledge of products the bank services   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the group members and the head of the team. It took about two weeks. The main question is why do you want to switch jobs. Their interview was mainly about technical skills such as model development.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. What models have your worked with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. The hr wants to low ball you as much as possible.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BNY Mellon (New York, NY (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR, quick pass to 2 MDs (phone), followed by 2 face-to-face interviews. Questions were direct and to the point. Excellent explanation of role and expectations, final interview focused more on fit and culture, which was extremely helpful. HR recruiter kept me informed every step of the way.

Interview Questions

• What type of corporate culture do you see yourself thriving in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no need to negotiate; they met my expectations on the first offer.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.