Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.nz

Apple Interview Questions

Interviews at Apple

7,968 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   32 Answers

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

1 phone screen 1 hiring manager screen 7 30 min interviews with leaders from all levels and different orgs. Overall everyone was very friendly and good spirited. Some interviewers were late and seemed in a rush which can throw you off. Process from first contact to start date was about 12 weeks so very long process, but good comp.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Was a little bit too detailed, but I think it went well. Many people were applying at the same time so I guess my chance of being accepted was low. However, I learned a lot from the interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA (US)).

Interview

At first they set up a call for you to talk to one of the hiring directors. After that you are scheduled for a meeting that takes place via FaceTime.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was pretty nerve racking as I had to be interviewed 3 times but I do love that its not like a regular job’s interview! I would definitely recommend, in my case at least

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Several months and 14 interviews plus a case study. All employees were respectful and intelligent. All on FaceTime or Webex. Hard to get an interview unless someone you know internally sends your resume to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Many behavior and strategy: How would you marketing this?   Answer Question

Reviewer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was a panel style review with 2 different rounds. They asked different programming questions on each round and how to implement various algorithms such as how to invert a binary tree.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

The worst hiring team, I have ever communicated with.

I had a 9-5 virtual onsite. I was scheduled for a session with the recruiter from 9-9:15, she showed up at 9:13, and rushed me through it. They never replied to any of my emails for days throughout the process. And the schedule they sent me changed twice. I had no idea who was going to interview me or what to expect.

I did mention I had other offers and would like to know about the results within 3 days to get back to others. But they never even replied to my follow up email until 10 days later.

The interview did go well, not sure what happened behind the scenes. If it wasn’t for the company’s name “Apple” I wouldn’t even have thought to proceed with such a recruiting team.

P.S. I got a really great offer from a great company. Blessing in disguise 🙌

Interview Questions

• String Manipulation questions (medium leetcode)
      Couple SQL questions
      Lot of Design based questions
      Questions based on experience   Answer Question

Test Technician Interview

Interview

Several phone calls that were either basic physics questions, hypothetical situation, or behavioral questions. A good high school or community college education seemed to cover all of the bases. Bonus points if you can add in the correct scientific terms when answering questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the characteristic that determines how much a ball bounces when dropped on the floor?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.