Compare The University of North Carolina System vs Duke University Health System BETASee how working at The University of North Carolina System vs. Duke University Health System compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at The University of North Carolina System vs. Duke University Health System. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- The University of North Carolina System scored higher in 6 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values and CEO Approval.
- Duke University Health System scored higher in 3 areas: Compensation & Benefits, % Recommend to a friend and Positive Business Outlook.
What Employees Say
- "Work environment" was the most mentioned Pro at The University of North Carolina System.
- "Great benefits" was the most mentioned Pro at Duke University Health System.
- Duke University Health System had 7 more reviews than The University of North Carolina System that mentioned "Low pay" as a Con.
I worked at The University of North Carolina System part-time for less than a year
Support system, not too long hours, you get to move around at work
Freezing cold in the winter and rain, not warm inside the shed or on the field - we should have had a heater.
I have been working at Duke University Health System full-time
I like working at Duke because there is a lot of research going on as it is the research university. Lots of medication and treatment trials.
The drawback is it is university pay and not private practice pay. Durham is a great place to live but the cost-of-living has significantly increased. Nurse practitioner and PA salaries are not... keeping up with the cost of living.