Compare Kinder Morgan vs Chevron BETASee how working at Kinder Morgan vs. Chevron compares on a variety of workplace factors. By comparing employers on employee ratings, salaries, reviews, pros/cons, job openings and more, you'll feel one step ahead of the rest. All salaries and reviews are posted by employees working at Kinder Morgan vs. Chevron. Learn more about each company and apply to jobs near you.
- Kinder Morgan scored higher in 1 area: Positive Business Outlook.
- Chevron scored higher in 8 areas: Overall Rating, Career Opportunities, Compensation & Benefits, Work-life balance, Senior Management, Culture & Values, CEO Approval and % Recommend to a friend.
What Employees Say
- Chevron had 171 more reviews than Kinder Morgan that mentioned "Work environment" as a Pro.
- Chevron had 44 more reviews than Kinder Morgan that mentioned "Work life balance" as a Con.
I have been working at Chevron full-time for more than 3 years
- Relaxed seagoing experience - Less paperwork than other Oil Majors - Salary/Bonus/Pension very competitive - Good mix of nationalities in Fleet
- 10years+ behind other Oil Majors in many areas - Written procedures lacking (Ops, SOP's) - Permit to Work System limited - Safety culture not as developed as other Oil Majors
Advice to Management
Operational Procedures (SMS) needs massive improvement. Approach to Safety needs more depth & commitment. Many will feel the cons I have listed are what makes working for Chevron Shipping more... relaxed than other Oil Majors.